Sunday, October 17, 2010

Jack at 3 Weeks Old

I'm going to change the layout for my weekly (soon to be monthly) posts about Jack. I think this might be an easier way for me to get things written down.

Nicknames: Peanut, Wiggly Worm, Bambino

Temperament: He continues to be on a routine. One night he even slept from 7:30pm until midnight. I couldn't believe it, but that was only one night and we are still holding out on the three hour routine. Occasionally he is fussy, but I think it is a gas issue when he decides to cry. He also seems to be more and more coherent with each day. He also likes to grunt and whine before he really begins to cry...which I think it cute!





Items/Toys That We Love The Most: This week I was able to put Jack down more and he seems to enjoy sitting in the bouncy chair. It makes my life easier for a few hours, since I can get things done and it is cute to hear him entertain himself. I still love the Ergo baby carrier. Daddy has even taken Jack on a few hikes with the baby carrier. Oh, and we can't forget the pacifier, which is the biggest comfort for Jack and we bring one with us everywhere. I learned that lesson when I left it in the car at the doctors office and he cried like champ! I could barely communicate with the doctor.

Firsts/ New Experiences: Jack spent his first nights in his crib this week. It was nerve racking for me at first because I would worry about every sound that I heard, but I am doing better now. I still respond to his cries, but it is usually just because he wants his pacifier. He also had to make two more trips to the doctor because there was a lot of gunk in his right eye. It was just a blocked tear duct, so he is much better now. He also met his uncle Chris for the first time and went to the grocery store for the first time. I was glad since he slept through the trip, so we did not make a scene. Oh, he also graduated to the larger diaper category (8-14lb) and soon he will get to try his cloth diapers!

Daddy is still pretty tired everyday going to work, but I feel like we are getting some routines. It just feels like we are getting better at this parenting stuff!

No comments:

Update in February

One might think that having several snow days would give me the time to write in my blog, but I have been spending a lot of time working on ...