Monday, July 20, 2009

Summer Update

So as my summer started I made a list of ten things I wanted to accomplish this summer. So I thought it might be nice to give an update on my progress. Here was the original list:

1. Annual climbing trip (this year we are headed to the Adirondacks and making stops in between in Virginia and Long Island to visit friends and family)
2. Make a t-shirt quilt
3. Create a scrapbook for our wedding (either through Kodak or by hand)
4. Take a cake decorating class
5. Start running on a regular basis (I'm going enter a race in September)
6. Make two trips to my grandparents house, which is by the beach
7. Make a purse out of my old jeans
8. Find summer employment
9. Find permanent employment
10. Hopefully figure out the best place for my husband and I to live for a very long time

This is what I have done so far:
1. Annual climbing trip - it was so much fun to see our friend's and family. Plus the trip was great, as you might have noticed from our pictures.
2. Make a t-shirt quilt - it is not perfect, but I have enjoyed working on my sewing skills and I like it. Pictures are soon to come!
3. I am half way through a wedding picture/scrapbook of our wedding.
4. I'm running weekly, but I need to improve it. Unfortunately though, my right knee is really hurting, so I think I might just have to bike instead.
5. I made a purse out of my old jeans. It is so cute! Pictures are soon to come!
6. Find summer employment (my husband talked me out of it, at least for the month of July and if we get teaching jobs for next year, then well, let's be honest, I am not going to find work, since I might be moving).
7. Applications are in and we are hoping for teaching offers. I don't want to get my hopes up though, because it might just be too perfect to be true. I am so worried about it that each day I don't receive a call is saddening for me. I just hope we know by the end of the month. Of course I will explain it all then, but I don't want to jinx anything!

I haven't done so bad though, right? I might just have to take on some other projects. Plus, I am so excited about the cake decorating class that I plan to start in August! It has been a good summer.

3 comments:

Taylor's said...

That is awesome!

And what a bummer about your knee. If you are running on a treadmill it is better to run with a slight incline (like .5) for you knee then it is to run straight (the treadmills kind of lean downwards). If you are running on the streets try a rubber track (I know it is boring but better on the knee) and try to increase your mileage fast. For example run 1 mile on day and only increase that by 10% no more or you risk injury. And ICE and HEAT are your best friends along with Ibuprofen.

I can't wait to see all the sewing projects!

Taylor's said...

oops i mean DON'T increase your mileage fast!

Travelin' Tracy said...

Thanks for the heads up on my knee. I have never really had to worry about it, until this year. But when I hike, I really feel it and now it is happening when I run. So I think I will be icing and heating my knee. Plus, trying to train on the treadmill, because there is a race I really want to do in September!

Update in February

One might think that having several snow days would give me the time to write in my blog, but I have been spending a lot of time working on ...