Monday, November 8, 2010

Our House - 1 Year Later

We have done a lot of work on the house in the last year of living here, so I thought I would show the before and afters of the rooms we have worked on so far.

1st Project - The Upstairs Bathroom
Before

Upstairs Bathroom After
The Baby's Room/Guest Bedroom - Before
This room was is good shape, since the previous owner had already renovated the bedrooms, so mostly it needed new paint and the fine touches to make it into a nursery. I'm still sort of not finished with this room though, because I have some pictures to frame and hang up, plus I need to complete the slipcover for the chair. Let's be honest though, a baby takes up your time so I will get to it when I get to it.


Baby Room/Guest Room - After

Our Bedroom - Before
This room was also in good shape, but we changed the paint color, added doors to the top of our closets, brought in a sophisticated fan, and curtains.

Our Bedroom - After

Upstairs Hallway - Before
You might not be able to tell, but we had to re-level the floors. That was a big project for Joe and he did a fantastic job.

Upstairs Hallway - After
Downstairs Hallway - Before

Downstairs Hallway - After

Dining Room - Before



Dining Room - After

The eyesore in the middle of all this would be our stairs. At first we were going to replace them, but for cost reasons, it is far better for us to just repaint them. So that will be a project that we complete in the spring. Right now we are adjusting to parenting, so other than the little project here and there to finish up the hallway work, we are not doing any renovations. But we have done a great job for just one year though, don't you think?

The upstairs is complete (except the thresholds which we need to install) although I'm sure we will add a few more accessories or pieces of furniture. Now it will be work to get the rest of the downstairs finished...especially our kitchen, which just might be the worst room in our entire house. I love this old house, and I'm happy with our improvements...and besides the bathroom reno, everything else was done while I was pregnant! Okay, I admit, Joe did most of the work with help with my family (but I'm a painting machine....that is definitely my specialty).

Oh, I should also mention that Joe had a major surgery on his wrist after falling 30 feet in a climbing accident. To keep himself busy when he could not climb (and honestly when he could barely move his fingers and wrist) he built our dining room table, a book shelf, and a coffee table. We also planted a garden, added a screen to our front door, put a vapor barrier underneath the house, and fixed the sub pump!

And here is one picture of our Little Man that I took while I was roaming from room to room taking the after pictures (we have family come for a visit, so I knew it was time to take pictures since I finally had a clean house).

No comments:

Update in February

One might think that having several snow days would give me the time to write in my blog, but I have been spending a lot of time working on ...