Saturday, September 25, 2010

Our Baby Boy Has Arrived!

It has been really crazy since I have been in the hospital, but I wanted to officially make the annoucement that our baby is here. He arrived on Thursday, September 23rd at 12:53 am, weighing 7 lb. 14 oz. and at a length of 20 1/2 inches. After laboring for about 24 hours, I was happy for the labor to be over, but another set of concerns arose. Jack swallowed some meconium during delivery which was a concern and he was whisked away to the nursery. Unfortunately he has had to be under an oxygen hood ever since to help with his lungs and x-rays have shown some pneumonia. Thankfully the doctors and nurses have been treating him well and he is slowly getting better. Hopefully I will be able to hold him before I am discharged tonight. On a good note though, I have started pumping so it won't be long before he gets some breast milk! He is the cutest baby ever, which the most adorable cries and whimpers. And he looks just like his daddy! I just want to hold him forever. I love him already!

Welcome to the world
Jack Muir DeGaetano

3 comments:

Drae said...

oh yay!!! Congratulations, Tracy. I'm so excited for you guys. You will love just cuddling with him. Glad he's doing better and that he's here. You will be an awesome mom. Can't wait to meet him.

AMY_BELL - said...

He's so cute, but in the last picture he looks sad. He's probably crying because he wants his Mommy to hold him :)

Taylor's said...

So cute! I love your attitude! Keep up the smiles even when you want to cry! congratulations!

Update in February

One might think that having several snow days would give me the time to write in my blog, but I have been spending a lot of time working on ...