Right now we seem to be getting ourselves into a family routine. Joe and I are learning to trade off our free time so that each of us can get some exercise and play time. So since I have been having a good week, I thought I might be able to find some time to write on my blog.
1. Yesterday Jack cried because he didn't want to take a nap. Although that wasn't so much fun, after letting him cry it out, I gave him a hug and sat him in my lap for a short snuggle time. He melted into my arms and actually fell asleep within a minute and I just kept thinking, I love my baby boy. We are constantly thinking he is so big, because we now have Ella, but really he is just another baby and that little moment it was just him and I. It was a great moment.
2. I love my little girl. This morning, as I sat on the couch, grumpy and tired after waking up at 5 am, I just looked at Ella. She has the cutest cheeks and a button nose. Her smile can make me so happy even when I am tired. Her lips are so little and perfect. Honestly, do they ever make a baby that doesn't just melt their momma's heart? I just love her to pieces.
3. Jack was awesome at music class and Ella was great too. We go every week and almost every week there is an obstacle. Last week Jack knocked over a curtain and seemed so uninterested. The week before I was chasing him in circles or trying to balance two babies in my arms. Sometimes I wonder if it is worth the effort to go. Then today, it was like every thing clicked just right for our little family. Ella watched everything in wonder and my friend Harriet helped hold her a few times so I could spend a little one-on-one time with Jack. And Jack was great. He danced, or sat in my lap when he was asked to, and he loved playing with all the instruments. It made me so proud!
1. We are still figuring out our sleeping situation. Ella is starting to kick her way out of a swaddle, but if I leave her arms our then she wakes right up. I'm not sure if I should keep her in a swaddle and go into the room every other hour to re wrap her up or if I should just endure a few rough, ROUGH days until she just learns to sleep that way? Ugh, I just don't know what to do.
2. Jack is hitting a lot. All the time! He hits when he doesn't get
his way or just because he thinks it is fun? I don't know what is
causing it, but I hate it. He will hit me during a diaper change, or
hit Ella when she is on her play mat, or even hit the dog just because he
wants to. We have been using time outs, but it just feels like this is
getting worse! I hope it is just a phase and he will learn that we
mean it when we ask him not to hit. I try to protect Ella as much as
possible, but he is fast and I feel terrible any time he gets her. This
is definitely a challenge for us right now. Darn these terrible twos!