Monday, August 1, 2011

Prepping for Jack's Birthday Party

There is about a month and a half before we reach Jack's birthday. I am so excited about it. I don't have a lot of money to spend, but I feel like it is worth celebrating the fact that we all survived one year together. Plus, I can't wait to see Jack smoosh a cake in his face. I can't wait! So I am looking forward to a great party with some friends and family. The other night, I couldn't even sleep because I kept thinking about details. The next morning I wrote them all down. So I'm putting a few of these on the blog as a good reminder to follow through and make this a fun party...I haven't planned for something like this since my wedding day! Should I mention again that I can't wait?






So I thought I would put a few of my ideas out on the blog for you all to enjoy! I don't even mind if it spoils the surprise for those invited, because I just can't wait! I'm already shopping for supplies.

1. Food
I am thinking of working with what we got. So we will have pulled pork and coleslaw (hopefully using ingredients from our garden) with a mixture of vegetable side dishes and macaroni and cheese for the kiddos. Of course there will be cupcakes and smash cake for Jack. I'm thinking of working with a woodland theme. Since we already have owls in his bedroom, I am thinking of making these cupcakes! I love them!

2. Decorations

I will most likely do something very simple. My plan is to make some tissue paper balls, use christmas lights for lighting outside (if I need it), balloons, outdoorsy items that we have around the house, and I made fabric flag pendants too.

3. Games/Activities
There won't be a lot of kids there, but there will be a few. Plus it would be fun to have something for the adults to do too. So I'm thinking of setting up a cornhole game, having a simple bowling game, maybe a puppet show, and some other activity. I'm still coming up with ideas in this department. Maybe some sort of photo booth would be fun. I could work on that!

4. Favors
I think trail mix will do nicely in little bags to go. Those should be fun to make. I can't wait. There is still plenty more to think about (well, not really since I'm not going to go too crazy) but I will just have to wait until the big day to show pictures. I am pretty certain I am looking forward to this more than anyone else. Yeah, yeah!

2 comments:

Allison said...

How exciting!! Just think how much fun you're going to have as he gets older! I might have to enlist your help with party ideas in the near future!! :)

KellyMellyBoBellyBananaFanna said...

i love your ideas. the party sounds like it'll be adorable!

Update in February

One might think that having several snow days would give me the time to write in my blog, but I have been spending a lot of time working on ...