Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I Had a Dream!

Lately I have been having some really crazy dreams. I think a lot of them about been surrounded by the stress of teaching at this international school. Last night I had a dream that one of my sweetest 5th grade girls was smoking a cigarette. For some reason I can't seem to get it out of my mind. Remember she is only 10 years old and yet I was staring at her as she made this tough face and puffed out her cigarette smoke!

Too many people smoke in this country and there are moments when I feel like I am going to die of second hand smoke. They smoke on the bus, in the airport, at restaurants, upstairs in our cafeteria....and I just found out that some high school girls were caught smoking in the primary grade's bathroom! Plus, there is great advertisement that smoking is so cool...check out the candy bubble gum package that my 5th grade students shared with me! If you blow on the gum then powdered sugar comes out! What is a straight arrow Mormon girl doing here?

3 comments:

Munky said...

Teaching the future of Kosovo. :)

Happy Villain said...

Ah, I've finally caught up on all the posts I missed while on vacation. WOW, Greece sure was beautiful and I love how they build around their ruins. Your honeymoon looked wonderful as well. The smoking worries me, though. In Illinois, you can no longer smoke in any indoor building other than your own home, and it has made me SOOOO HAPPY. I can go to bars and clubs (not that I do) and sit anywhere in a restaurant -- it's wonderful. I don't know how you stand all the smoke there. I should send you those ionizing air filters to take with wherever you go. :)

Don't hold your breath, though.

AMY_BELL - said...

OBAMA WON!! What was the news like out there? Did they report it? What do people think? It must be so cool to watch from the outside.

Update in February

One might think that having several snow days would give me the time to write in my blog, but I have been spending a lot of time working on ...